About The Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior software developer to work on the most exciting engineering project currently being undertaken in New Zealand. The primary objective is to develop a world class solution to organize and process data generated by Rocket Lab’s testing teams. You will be working closely with the Propulsion testing team to perform detailed analysis of test data from development, qualification, and acceptance tests in support of the Rutherford engine and the Electron launch vehicle.
Excellence is the only option when it comes to launching our rockets into Space. You will be challenged daily and to succeed you will need to adapt quickly and thrive under pressure to achieve tight project deadlines. Our launch date is fast approaching, and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running when it comes to working with C, C++ and Python, and SQL. You will have a thorough, no-shortcuts approach meaning we can rely on your work to be accurate 100% of the time.
- Bachelors, Software or Aerospace Engineering
- 2+ years' experience developing in Python or C/C++
- Experience with developing graphical user interfaces
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationship
- Experience with SQL and interacting with large database systems
- Advanced Python or C/C++ experience
- Experience with MATLAB
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and interactions with large database systems
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.