About The Role
Following recent success with the first launch of the Electron Launch Vehicle, Rocket Lab is now looking to expand the team to support an increased launch frequency.
Working within our Avionics team you will be play an important role in the integration of radio frequency communication components within the Electron launch vehicle and within ground support systems. You will be challenged on a daily basis and to succeed you will need to adapt quickly and thrive under pressure to achieve tight project deadlines.
Key tasks undertaken by the Radio Communications Engineer include:-
- The integration of vehicle and ground RF Comms equipment
- Testing end-to-end RF communication chains
- Developing ground station and vehicle radio interface software and systems
- Developing and improving current SDR Solutions
Essential skills required for the position Radio Communications Engineer
- A Bachelors or Masters in Engineering or Physics, with major in Electromagnetics or equivalent qualification
- 3+ years' experience in design, test and integration of RF communication components for high reliability systems (aviation or aerospace systems).
- Experience with Packet/Digital Radio & software defined radio
- Strong understanding and experience with IP Networking
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationship.
- Experience using Python, MATLAB, C/C++, Linux
- WHF/UHF radio operations
- S-Band radio operation
- Gnu radio
- Amateur radio experience
- Experience with cabling and installation
- Experience with ground stations design and deployment.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.