About The Role
As an assembly technician for Rocket Lab you will be working on the build of the sub-assemblies for the Rutherford rocket engine. The engine is a regeneratively cooled electrically driven pump fed rocket engine with LOx and kerosene propellants. It is the primary propulsion system of Electron.
The engine consists of a thrust chamber, pumps, valves, plumbing, TVC actuators and motor controllers, to name a few mechanical components. This role is responsible for the assembly of these items and more for use on the engine. Specifically, day to day tasks will involve mechanical fitting, inspection, documentation and basic testing of these items. Superb hand skills are required with a good eye for detail to ensure all components meet the performance and quality requirements for spaceflight.
Minimum requirements for the Propulsion Assembly Technician
- Industry or trade certified
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical assembly for aerospace applications
- Talented with mechanical assembly tools, pressure testing equipment and welding preparation
- Talented with electrical assembly tools, bench testing and measuring instruments
- Excellent time management and the able to work overtime and long hours if needed
- Eye for detail and a methodical, tidy and careful work ethic
- 5+ years of industry experience in mechanical fitting
- Experience with in-space mechanical assemblies
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing processes and continued product development
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorisation from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.