About The Role
This is a great entry level position within Rocket Lab giving you the opportunity to work across all the teams supporting their operations by ensuring they have the all the parts and supplies they need, when they need them, to ensure a successful launch.
The Rocket Lab engineering team employs some of the most talented engineers in the world and you will have the opportunity to learn and gain new skills from them.
You will be working within a fast paced environment and no two days will be the same, your day will be varied with a wide range of tasks and it is vital that you are willing to take on any request given to you, so enthusiasm and a strong work ethic are vital, you will also need to be highly organised with an extremely high level of attention to detail.
- 1+ years’ work experience, preferably in an engineering environment
- A great work ethic and a willingness to learn
- An organised individual with a logical approach to problem solving
- The ability to work as part of a team within a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Basic computer skills with a solid level of knowledge in MS Word and Excel
- The ability to work effectively to deadlines with a high attention to detail
- A current driver’s license
- A mechanical engineering degree or trade qualification, is preferred but not essential
- Strong practical skills, can turn your hand to a wide variety of tasks
- You will need to be resourceful and independent, due to the remote location of work
- Based at Rocket Lab's Mahia Launch Complex
- Varied & busy position
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.