About The Role
Rocket Lab is looking for an electronic design engineer to take ownership of custom avionics components through the full development cycle. The role will require an experienced PCB designer with a proven track record in high-speed, high density digital and analog design.
With one successful launch completed and our next launch date is fast approaching, and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running so previous experience is vital.
- Create complex and high-performance PCBs for a production environment.
- End-to-end PCBA design:
- Specification, architecture, design, layout, prototype bring-up validation, manufacturing.
- Drive design for manufacturability, design for test, design for assembly.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of industry standards and technologies.
- Contribute to design reviews acting as an expert in DFM, DFT, yield improvements, quality control etc.
- Degree in Electronics Engineering
- Proven track record of high-speed, high-density digital and analog design.
- 7+ years circuit board design experience using Altium Designer
- Experience in fast-paced commercial based projects.
- Experience with design for manufacture, design for assembly, and design for test.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Preferred Skills and Experience
- VHDL and FPGA design
- C programming
- Understanding of D-FMEA, P-FMEA, ECN, production process is an added advantage.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.