About The Role
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for an experienced and entrepreneurial finance professional to join the senior leadership team at Rocket Lab, a Kiwi start-up that has gained significant recognition across the globe.
Working closely with the CEO and CFO you will need to have the ability to provide strategic direction as Rocket Lab moves towards commercialization, this big picture thinking will be coupled with your willingness to get stuck in to the detail when needed. You will take ownership for the finance function in New Zealand and the US and work closely with senior management to ensure they have the financial information needed to make sound business decisions.
- Contributing to strategic planning and the development of financial long term and short-term goals globally
- Providing timely financial and commercial reporting to senior management and board members
- Developing, implementing and reviewing budgets, cash flow forecasts, operational KPI's and strategic plans
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with all NZ regulations as well as GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws in the US
- CA qualified, preferably gained one of the big 4 firms
- 10+ years post-qualified experience within a commercial environment
- In-depth experience manufacturing industry experience.
- Experience and good working knowledge of US accounting processes and reporting requirements is essential
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines within a high-pressure environment
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships across the organisation
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.