About The Role
This is a great entry level position within Rocket Lab working as part of the Electron Vehicle Team, you will have the opportunity to work on a new launch vehicle using state of the art manufacturing and production techniques.
You will be working within a fast paced environment and no two days will be the same, your day will be varied with a wide range of tasks, you will also be required to undertake cleaning, driving, pick-ups and drop-offs, all these tasks are fundamental to the smooth running of the composite shop. It is vital that you are willing to take on any request given to you, so enthusiasm and a strong work ethic are vital, you will also need to be highly organised with an extremely high level of attention to detail.
What Rocket Lab can the Composite Apprentice
- The chance work under the guidance of professionals in an industry revolutionising space to achieve NZQA Level 3 and then 4 in composites
- The opportunity to learn to work with composite materials including carbon fibre and fibreglass in both pre-preg and dry form
- The ability to work with wood, metals and plastics in many instances to build moulds, jigs and components intended for, or to aid components intended for space flight.
- 1+ years’ work experience, preferably in a composite environment
- Ideally NCEA level 2 or 3 has been achieved in Maths, Science and English Subjects
- A great work ethic and a willingness to learn
- An organised individual with a logical approach to problem solving
- The ability to work as part of a team within a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Strong computer skills with a solid level of knowledge in MS Word and Excel
- The ability to work effectively to deadlines with a high attention to detail
- A current restricted or full NZ driver’s license
- A passion for working with composite materials for space flight application.
- A fantastic opportunity to start your composite career
- See your work fired into Space
- Auckland Airport Location
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.