About The Role
Rocket Lab has grown drastically since it was established in 2006, and with test launches just around the corner we are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Communications team. Working closely with the Communications Manager you will be involved as the team gear up for the first launch of the Electron Launch Vehicle.
We are looking for an individual who has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and who is comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment. You must be a versatile team player with the ability to show grace under pressure. This position requires an organised, dependable self-starter who can juggle a number of tasks and projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning, organizing and pitching of high quality press materials and events
- Draft and edit press releases, blog posts, social media content (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), and other communication materials that deliver consistent messages with impact
- Work with external stakeholders to provide communications support
- Track press coverage and build highly targeted press lists for priority issues
- Provide general support and coordination for Communications Team
- Aid in production of marketing collateral
- Respond to other matters as needed and assigned
- 2+ years communications experience, preferably gained within an agency environment
- Knowledge of social media and digital literacy
- The ability to write clearly and concisely for a range of audiences
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build excellent working relationships
- Ability to grasp complex issues
- Discretion and ability to grasp stringent security requirements and commercial sensitivities
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.