About The Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to carve themselves a career in accounts, but be warned Rocket Lab is not a place for the faint hearted!
As Rocket Lab’s Account Assistant you will report directly to the Finance Manager and will be managing the Accounts Payable function from start to finish so it is vital you have a really good understanding of the whole process as this is a busy and challenging role.
Key duties include:
- Processing all Accounts Payable invoices, ensuring approval for payment is received, queries are dealt with and invoices are entered in to the system accurately and on time
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Processing daily and monthly payments
- Daily bank reconciliations
Rocket Lab is growing rapidly and offers a unique and fast paced work environment, unlike anything else in New Zealand. To achieve in this team you will need to be motivated, driven, with excellent communication skills as you will be dealing with a wide range of individuals from across the business.
Essential skills required for the Accounts Assistant position
A minimum of two years working in accounts, together with excellent written and verbal communication skills, a keen eye for detail and a willing attitude to handle anything that comes your way with a smile.
You will also need:
- A solid understanding of Accounts Payable, reconciliations and the month end process
- To be highly organised, structured and able to manage your time effectively through taking a systematic approach to your tasks.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to help with a variety of tasks.
- To be computer savvy, with at least an intermediate to advanced skill level in Excel and Word
- A strong team player who is also capable of working alone and at times unsupervised
- You will also need to be fastidious, structured capable of working quickly.
- Although not essential exposure to Fixed Assets and Payroll is preferred
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.