About The Role
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join the team at Rocket Lab, a Kiwi start-up that has gained significant recognition across the globe.
Working closely with the Finance Manager you will assist to ensure the accuracy and integrity of Rocket Lab’s financial records, reports and financial reconciliations across Rocket Lab’s global operations as Rocket Lab moves towards commercialisation.
- Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring financial information recorded across Rocket Lab’s global operations represent a true and fair view of Rocket Lab’s performance
- Assisting with the preparation and filing of Rocket Lab’s global compliance and taxation requirements
- Preparing reporting for management to assist with decision making
- Provision of all statutory reporting and assistance with external audit requirements
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with all NZ regulations as well as GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws in the US
- CA qualified or working towards a professional accountancy designation
- 2+ years post-qualified experience within a professional finance role
- Manufacturing industry experience would be an advantage
- Experience with US accounting processes and reporting requirements would be an advantage
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines within a high-pressure environment
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships across the organisation
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.