About The Role
- Developing strong relationships across Rocket Lab’s suppliers, customers and employees
- End to end accounts payable processing for Rocket Lab’s US operations
- Assisting with treasury and cash flow management
- Processing of billing and credit collection
- Providing sound reconciliations of transactional balances in Rocket Lab’s general ledger
- Assisting with the processing of payroll for Rocket Lab’s US operations
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with all US regulations as well as GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws
- Back up for support to the NZ operations as required from time to time
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space. In support of this, Rocket Lab is developing the Electron orbital launch vehicle. Electron is a small launch vehicle capable of lifting a 150 kg payload to a 500 km sun-synchronous orbit.
Rocket Lab is rapidly scaling in size to meet the high demand from customers. The company is expanding globally and is currently growing the team based at Rocket Lab’s Los Angeles Headquarters. Rocket Lab believes in giving highly-skilled engineers ownership of complex aerospace programs from start to finish, creating a workforce of empowered and motivated individuals utilizing cutting-edge technologies to redefining how the world accesses space.
- 3+ years experience in a high volume invoicing environment
- Experience with ERP systems as they relate to purchasing and payments
- Ideally manufacturing industry experience.
- An awareness of internal controls and policies as they relate to supplier payments, customer receipts and payroll
- Experience and good working knowledge of both employer and taxation requirements as they relate to supplier and customer payments
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines within a high-pressure environment
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships across the organization
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.